To ensure our system remains available to all visitors, our operating system tracks unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or that can otherwise cause damage.
While you browse the web site, our operating system will automatically record the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you accessed our web site. For example, if you are connecting from an America Online account, the fact that someone who visited this web site uses AOL as an Internet service provider will be known, but the individual e-mail address of the user will not be known.
- The date and time any page on our site was accessed.
- The address (also called the URL) of the web site from which any page on this site was linked. For example, if you clicked on a hyperlink on the Office of Administration web site to reach the State of Missouri web site, that fact is recorded. However, as discussed above, your identity remains unknown.
- The type of browser being used, such as "Netscape Version X.X" or "Internet Explorer Version X.X".
- The type of operating system you use such as Macintosh, Unix, or Windows.
This tracking system does NOT record information about individuals. This information is used to monitor traffic and improve this site.
"Cookies" are bits of code that are saved on your computer by your Web browser. They are set by web sites and can be used to personalize your visit to a Web site or track your navigation of a Web site.
The First Lady's website uses Google Analytics to provide additional information about how you use our site. Google will put persistent cookies on your browser to help us know how people use our site. These cookies collect anonymous traffic data; no personal information is kept via cookies. You can find out more about Google Analytics cookies from the Google Analytics Terms of Service at http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html
If you block cookies from Google, you can still view our content and use the site, but we will not be able to use information from your visit to improve our site.
For security purposes, the State of Missouri uses network monitoring software to identify unauthorized access to or tampering with our web site. The software will not collect any personal information. If unauthorized access to or tampering with this web site is detected, the information gathered by us will be furnished to the proper authorities.
Missouri Sunshine Law
Please be aware when submitting forms that the First Lady's website is subject to the provisions of Chapter 610 RSMo, the Missouri Sunshine Law.